Saturday, November 04, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. What could possibly be better than a day dedicated to remembering what one has to be thankful for in life? I’ve always enjoyed being surrounded by family and sitting around the dining room table filling my belly with turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and all the fixings. I find it refreshing to have a holiday where conversation trumps the giving of presents. So, I was rather sad to learn that I was going to miss Thanksgiving this year but fortunately, my mother had other plans.

Today, the day before my departure for D.C., I sat at the dining room table surrounded by friends and family and I ate turkey and thought about everything I am thankful for. We had Thanksgiving three weeks early. Honestly, it is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me – to host an entire holiday in my honor. It was a wonderful day and I look forward to eating leftovers on my flight tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to have one more holiday with you. Wish you the best always. Be safe, have fun, and enjoy your journey. Miss you already. :(

Meghan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home